Raw Pomegranate Cheesecake... no oven required..!
For best results, let cashews soak overnight in water. This makes the cheesecake super creamy. If you're preparing this last minute (like I did), you can also boil the cashews in water for 30 minutes. Either method works but soaking the nuts overnight is more nutrient dense.
*Blend all ingredients together in a blender or using a food processor. The consistency should be very sticky, with the nuts completely or mostly blended. Place the raw crust into a spring pan or you can line a pie mold with parchment paper. Press the dough into the pie shape with your fingertips. Make sure that the dough is pressed firmly into the tin. You can place the crust in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
For the cheesecake filling:
- 2 cups cashews, raw and unsalted (for best results, soak overnight)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk (the one in the can)
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup monk fruit maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon of organic vanilla extract
*Blend all the ingredients together until creamy and smooth. Pour the filling on top of the crust and spread it evenly. Freeze the pie overnight or for at least 3 hours before preparing the glaze.
For the pomegranate glaze:
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- monk fruit sugar, to taste (I used about 1/4 cup)
- pomegranate arils, for garnish
*Boil the pomegranate juice for 10 minutes in a saucepan. Then, whisk together cornstarch and water in a separate container and add it into the pomegranate juice.
Add in monk fruit sugar and let it boil for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Let the glaze cool completely before pouring it over the cheesecake! Garnish with pomegranate seeds and store in the fridge. Enjoy!!