- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Lakanto Low-Carb & High Protein Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa (The Fresh Market label)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (aluminum-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup golden Lakanto monk fruit sugar (0 calorie)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, vegan chocolate chips (I alternate between the Enjoy Life and Lily's Stevia sweetened dark morsels)
Before: Heat oven to 350F and spray a 9x5in pan with non-stick cooking spray (I use coco oil cooking spray)
1. Combine the flax seed meal and the water in a sauce cup. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine Lakanto flour, cocoa, baking soda, and pink salt.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Add the melted coco oil, stir. Then add the vanilla and flax seed meal.
**the flax "egg" should have a somewhat thick consistency. If not, stir again and let sit for 2-3 minute while you are whisking these wet ingredients**
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl, and whisk together. The consistency should be dough-like.
5. Stir in 1/2 cup the chocolate chips. Pour banana bread mix into the pan, flatten with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips atop the bread.
6. Bake for 60 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick into the bread and it come out clean.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of the bread and remove from tin. Carefully remove and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
8. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
**Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap or an airtight container up to 4 days, or store in the freezer sealed up to 1 month (make sure to defrost and reheat**