Valentine's Day Brownies
This is the PERFECT dessert for Valentine's Day. The beet flour in this recipe will gives the brownies a pretty red hue! Not to mention, these brownies are every bit as decadent as they look, as well as nutritious. Scroll down for a list of benefits to consuming beets. Enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup beet flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup golden monk fruit sugar (granulated sweetener)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit maple syrup (sticky sweetener)
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Lily's Vegan Baking Chocolate Chips
How to Prepare:
1. Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir in vegan chocolate chips. (You can add ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk. However, I prefer a blender to break up clumped flour quickly)
2. Line a medium-size loaf pan or an 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper. Pour batter and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
3. Bake brownies at 350F for 35- 40 minutes. You will know they are ready if you can stick a fork/toothpick into the batter and it comes out clean.
*Feel free to use coconut sugar or any granulates sweetener if you don't have monk fruit sugar on hand. I choose monk fruit sugar because it is a naturally occurring sugar (not prepared in a lab) and doesn't cause blood sugar spikes, like most sweeteners do. Monk fruit sugar is also a great option for diabetics.
*For sticky sweeteners in this recipe- agave, honey, maple syrup and date syrup should all do the trick
Health Benefits of Beets:
1. Good for your heart
2. Improved blood circulation (more oxygen to your brain)
3. Reduce inflammation
4. Improve digestion
5. Immune boost
6. Boost your libido
7. Improve eye health