Enjoy this Matcha Cake + Reishi with a cold glass of milk or warm cup of coffee :)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour .
- 1/2 cup King Arthur GF Baking Flour (Cassava, Fava & Garbanzo Bean Flours) .
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Sugar .
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Maple Syrup .
- 1 heaping tablespoon Matcha .
- Dash of Cinnamon .
- 2/3 cup almond milk . - 1 tsp Vanilla .
- 3 tablespoon tahini (ground sesame seeds) .
- 1 tablespoon Reishi (optional) .
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda .
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder .
- 1-2 tablespoon cacao nibs/chocolate chips .
*for nut free version, substitute almond milk for your choice milk .
1. Mix all ingredients together in a food processor (add baking soda & powder last) .
2. Pour into a small, parchment-lined tray .
3. Bake at 350F until golden brown around the edges (about 30 minutes) .
4. Allow to cool before preparing frosting .
For the Frosting: .
- Coconut Manna/Butter .
- Monk Fruit Sugar .
- Cinnamon, dash .
- Monk Fruit Maple Syrup .
*Melt the coconut manna and stir in the rest of ingredients. Adjust to your desired level sweetness. Spread over cake, and enjoy! .
Sweet Tips: If your batter is too liquidy, add more coco flour. If batter is too thick, add more maple syrup & milk (Taste test as you go) .
Health Tips: Reishi has been used for centuries in Ancient Chinese medicine for restoring body homeostasis. If you’re stressed, it calms you down. If you’re lethargic, it gives you a boost of energy .
*Matcha contains 1/3 the amount of caffeine compared to regular coffee. The main difference is that matcha keeps the body feeling energized for an extended time without the crash- all while packed with antioxidants that help flatten your tummy and keep your skin tight.