Gooey Strawberry Poptart Pastries
Posted by Sweet Belly on
OBSESSED with these gooey, heavenly, sticky poptart pastries 🤤💗💕. The prep that goes into these pastries is a lot but I can’t emphasize enough how worth it your time will be!
I had been seeing images of gluten free, vegan poptarts floating around the web and wanted to try them for myself- and, in just 24 hours, they’ve won my sweet tooth heart. 😋
They’re de-licious and make for a perfect treat to share with your friends and family. I hope you love them and make them over and over again 💗
Gooey Strawberry Poptart Pastries Recipe
- 2.5 cups of flour (can use coconut or all purpose baking flour) .
- 3/4 cup of vegan butter .
- 2 tbsp palm 🌴 sugar .
- 1/4 cup shortening (organic pressed palm 🌴oil) .
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt .
- 1/2 cup cold water .
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, squeezed .
1. Add the cold water and lemon juice to a bowl, stir and refrigerate. .
2. In medium size bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt, and stir. .
3. Cut the vegan butter and shortening into small cubes, and add to the mix. .
4. Gently toss the cubes in the mix until thoroughly covered. .
5. Using your hands, blend all the ingredients together until it is a sand-like consistency. .
6. Add 1/2 of the water-lemon juice to the “dough,” and stir. .
7. Slowly add the remaining juice and stir. (If mix is still too watery, add 1/4 cup flour, until it is dough-like) .
8. Line 2 trays with parchment paper sprinkled with flour, and divide the dough in 2 equal portions. .
9. Place each dough portion into the tray, roll them out (can use a glass cup or rolling pin) into rectangles, about 1-inch thick. .
10. Sprinkle more flour on the top of dough to make less sticky, and cover with seran wrap. .
11. Place each dough tray in the fridge and let sit for 1 hour.
Option 1- use allergy-friendly strawberry jam.
Option 2- prepare strawberry chia jam from mysweetbelly.com .
Egg 🥚 Coat:
- 1 egg (for vegan, stir 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2.5 tbsp water, stir and let thicken) .
- 1 tsp palm 🌴 sugar .
- 1 tbsp plant milk .
*stir all ingredients together and let sit .
1. Preheat oven to 350F .
2. Remove trays and seran wrap on dough. .
3. Roll the dough out until about 1/4 inch thick. .
4. Spread strawberry jam evenly over the rectangle dough .
5. Roll out the second dough portion to 1/4 inch thick .
6. Place this layer on top of dough with filling .
7. Coat dough with the egg coat and bake for 30 mins, until golden brown. .
8. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before adding pink glaze .
- 1.5 c powdered sugar .
- 1/2 tsp beet root powder .
- 1/4 tsp vanilla .
- juice from 1/2 a lemon .
- 1 tbsp warm water .
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Spread over Poptart top after it has cooled for 10-15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with your choice allergy-friendly sprinkles
4. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.