Healthy Key Lime Pie
Posted by Sweet Belly on
Ever since my friend shared this key lime recipe with me, I haven't gone 2 weeks without making these mini pies ha! The recipe is super simple, with both few ingredients and calories. I love it for breakfast, snack, or dessert :) Enjoy!!
Healthy Key Lime Pie Recipe:
- 1/4 c unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 c GF steel cut oats OR chopped pecans
- 12 medjool dates
*blend all your ingredients together and press crust into a pie pan. Spread evenly using your hands or the back of a spoon.
Key Lime Filling:
- 2 medium size avocados
- 1/4 c fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (I love Dr. Bronner's, mild flavor)
- 2-3 tsp lime zest (add extra to-taste)
- 1/4 c agave or honey
*blend ingredients together and spoon over pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
Serves: 1 large pie or 15 mini pies