Visited Israel this past summer and obv had to recreate one of my brunch favorites 💯 next up challah 🥖🍳
SHAKSHUKA Breakfast Dish
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 red bell pepper (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 organic, farm-raised eggs
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 BPA-free can of whole, peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/4-1/2 c @followyourheart vegan mozarella cheese
1. Add onion, garlic cloves, olive oil and spices to a pan and cook on medium heat .
2. Add can of tomatoes and let cook for about 10 minutes, until it thickens. Stir in cheese .
3. Crack eggs directly onto sauce. Place in oven and bake at 350F for 7-10 minutes
4. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro/greens and hot sauce. Best enjoyed as is or over your favorite grains (quinoa/wild rice/couscous/matzo) .