If you're looking for a healthy alternative to scrambled eggs or an omelet for breakfast, this Chickpea scramble is for you. :)
Chickpeas are high in fiber and protein, and help control blood sugar levels. I personally enjoy adding spices, like cumin, garlic and turmeric to-taste. The fun part about chickpeas is that you can add any spices you want to create a dish you love. This breakfast is very filling and keeps you satisfied all morning into lunch. Prep time is about 10 minutes. Enjoy!!
Chickpea Scramble Recipe
- 1 bag of chickpeas
- 1/4 of a purple onion, diced
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 4-6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp vegan butter (can also use 1-2 tbsp vegetable broth)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- dash of pepper
- dash of flax seed meal
1. Add the vegan butter/veggie broth to a pan, on medium heat
2. Add the purple diced onion until the white is translucent
3. Smash chickpeas with a spoon and add smash & spices to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and let it cook down.
5. Add half of the diced tomatoes to the pan and let cook for another minute.
6. Top your chickpea scramble onto Gluten Free/Paleo toast
7. Sprinkle with the other half of diced tomatoes, pepper & serve!