Split Pea Soup
Posted by Sweet Belly on
Split Pea Soup Puree Recipe
This split pea is a hearty soup, that serves between 4-6 people. The recipe is absolutely delicious and keeps fresh in air tight containers for up to 1 week! I love a good soup especially when it is rainy or chilly outside. This meal also pairs nicely with the roasted pumpkin seed recipe, posted on the blog!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (unprocessed)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 boxes gluten free vegetable broth
- 1 lb split pea (bag)
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced small potatos
- roasted pumpkin seeds (optional; great for an added crunch!)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1-1.5 tsp Himalayan pink salt
-1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
1. In a large pan, add the olive oil and onions. Sauté until onions are a light golden brown color.
2. Add garlic and the rest of your ingredients to the pan.
3. Bring the mix to a boil.
4. Once boiling, lower the heat and bring down to a simmer. Cover with a lid.
5. Simmer for 1-1 hr 30 mninutes, until the vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally.
6. Remove from pan and pour (1 cup at a time) into blender. Puree until the soup is a smooth consistency.
7. Serve warm, sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds/chickpeas, a few dashes of hot sauce, and ENJOY!!