This Sweet potato Cauliflower soup is one of those feel-good meals! Perfect for any rainy, chilly day inside, especially when you want to feel warm & cozy. The soup is very filling and will keep you happy into the evening. Serve it with fruit juices and teas & add your favorite spices, to-taste. Super simple, delicious, and you will probably end up with leftovers (Love).
Share in good company, Enjoy!!
Recipe Inspo: www.veggieinspired.com
Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Serves: about 4-5 medium sized soup bowls
Total cook time: about 1 hr (includes prep)
• 1 yellow onion (diced)
• 2 large sweet potatos (baked)
• 1 large cauliflower (chopped into florets; divided)
• 4 c gluten-free vegetable broth
• 1.5ish c unsweetened coconut milk
• garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Dice your 1 yellow onion, pour into a soup pot & add 1/4 c vegetable broth
3. Once oven is hot, place your chopped cauliflower & 2 (washed) sweet potatoes on the cooking rack in the oven, uncovered. (You will know the potatoes are ready once the potato skin cracks!)
4. Stir your onions, until white-colored/translucent. Add more vegetable broth to keep the onions from sticking to the pan. (About 7-8 minutes)
5. Add the dash of garlic, turmeric, & paprika (optional) to the pot of onions for 1 minute to sauté.
6. Remove your cauliflower & sweet potatoes from the oven.
7. Peel the skin off the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes.
8. Add the chopped sweet potatoes and cauliflower to the sautéed onions pot.
9. Add what is remaining of the 4 c of vegetable broth to your pot and stir. (It's okay if you have extra broth in the pot; it will all be blended together)
10. Bring pot to a boil, then turn down the heat to a medium-low setting & let the soup sit for 20 minutes. (Until the vegetables are tender enough you can break apart with a fork)
11. Add 1.5ish c of coconut milk to the pot
12. Take your soup and place in your blender. Blend in increments if you need to.
13. Put your blended soup back into a pot and taste! Add more spices, taste as you go.
14. Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds & leftover cauliflower! ENJOY <3 Store leftovers in a glass container or mason jar.