The Best Cinnamon Buns
These cinnamon rolls are allergy-friendly (yay delicious) and best served warm, and fresh out of the oven. I enjoy them most with my morning coffee, and a bit of extra glaze! The recipe uses organic ingredients like brown rice flour and coconut flour, so you don't have to feel so guilty when you indulge! I found this recipe late last night, while searching through random food blogs and, I am kind of obsessed. These sweet rolls take a bit of time to prep and cook, so make sure that you're in no rush. Have fun with the recipe, and make it an activity! Definitely going to be making them again soon so stay tuned for a DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP cinnamon bun, yes you heard me.
Feel free to share and tag @mysweetbelly on Instagram if you make & enjoy the recipe! Xo
The Best Cinnamon Buns Recipe
• 2 c vanilla 'milk' (you can use coconut, or almond if no allergy)
• 6 tbsp unsalted non-dairy butter
• 1 package of Fleischmann's rapid rising yeast
• 2 tbsp granulated sugar (can use coconut sugar)
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 4 c Bobb's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour (more or less added depending on consistency)
• 1/4 c unsalted, non-dairy
• 1/2 c light brown sugar
• 1 tbsp + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 c powdered/confectioner's sugar
• 1 tbsp vanilla 'milk' (choose your favorite)
1. Add 2 c 'milk' & 2 tbsp unsalted, dairy-free butter to a medium sized pot and heat until melted.
2. Once melted, transfer to a medium size mixing bowl & let cool (about 110 F), until lukewarm.
3. Add your 1 packet of yeast, stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Then, add 2 tbsp granulated sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tsp vanilla flavoring. Let sit for 1 minute.
5. Add the Bob's Red Mill GF flour, 1/2 c at a time. Mix in between each addition, thoroughly. Add more or less flour until your consistency is not sticky, and you can roll the dough into a ball.
6. Roll dough into a ball, and leave in the mixing bowl. Cover with saran wrap and let sit for 1 hour.
7. After about 45 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar & cinnamon.
8. Whip the 1/4 c dairy-free butter.
9. Cover a large area with layers of saran wrap. Roll dough out until it is thin and flat. (I use a rolling pin, makes things even & easy)
10. Cut the edges off so they are straight.
11. Spread the 1/4 c softened butters, and sprinkle the cinnamon-brown sugar mix over the dough.
12. Roll the dough into a roll and cut medium-sized slices.
13. Place the cinnamon rolls in a medium-sized dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes until the rolls are a golden brown color.
14. While baking, make your glaze! Add the glaze ingredients to a small bowl, and stir until smooth.
15. Remove your cinnamon rolls from the oven, and drizzle your icing glaze.
Recipe Inspo: www.shelikesfood.com