Where there is food, I will add a crunch. Smoothie bowls, yogurts, protein bites- it all pairs nicely with a sweet batch of granola! I love this recipe because it is easy to follow and makes enough to last you 2-3 weeks! This specific recipe is for the maple granola, which is a bit more sweet than it is savory. You can mix variations of the ingredients and end up with a different flavor each time, if that's your thing!
I used the granola on my last recipe for the Fluffy Dragon Fruit Smoothie bowl, and it was delicious :)
Hope you love it! xo
The Very Best Granola Recipe
- 4 c gluten free Rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill GF)
- 1.5 c raw seeds (unsalted)/nuts, if no allergy --> (I used 1 c pecans & 1/2 c unsalted, pumpkin seeds); **try 1/3-2/3 c of dried fruit (cranberries/cherries)
- 1 tsp fine-grain salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c melted coconut oil (I used this for a sweeter taste) OR olive oil (savory)
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
***Optional mix-ins: add 1/2 c chocolate chips or coconut flakes, once granola has baked & cooled
The Very Best Granola Baking Steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients (4 c oats, seeds and/or nuts, salt, cinnamon) !
4. Add your wet ingredients (pour in the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla essence)
5. Mix well until every oat/nut/seed is COMPLETELY coated.
6. Pour your granola onto the pan and spread evenly.
*** Total cook time in the oven with vary between 21-23 minutes, first set a timer for 10 minutes***
7. Put pan in the oven, and let bake for 10 minutes. Remove, stir the granola in the pan and re-flatten down the granola with a spatula or spoon
***Flattening down the granola will make the granola stick, and crumple together**
8. Put the pan back in the oven and bake for another 11-13 minutes, or until the granola is a light golden brown color.
9. DONE. Let the granola cool, completely before breaking into pieces. Lasts 1-2 weeks in air-tight container & 3 months in the freezer.
Eat & Enjoy ~